Monday, July 1, 2013

Here comes the sun, doo do doo do do...


Good morning!
 
FINALLY, after days of rain the sun came through this morning, so happy! :) It's been a good week, I'm short on time but I'll do my best. We have 4 baptismal dates for the month of July! We're so excited! 

I think I've mentioned our investigator, ________, before but we taught him earlier this week, he's been wanting some time to think about baptism. We taught about the Book of Mormon and towards the end of the lesson, he says, "Oh this is so wonderful, I can read this and know for myself if it's true. I think yes, I still need some time but.....next week, yes next week I can be baptized!" Here I was thinking he was going to say next month...no no...next WEEK! We were so excited! We still are planning for him to be baptized July 20th because we need time to teach him everything, but he is awesome. Comes to every activity, institute, family home evening, game night - haha, everyone loves him! We are also teaching another Muslim, which is very interesting. We have to take extra precautions, but it's been really good.

I got a call yesterday from the A family from my first area! They were in the city and came to visit and say hello! It was so good to see them! They married and the mom is getting baptized this month! It's amazing! They are my miracle family!

Quick funny story...I was talking to this couple and they said they are engaged. So excitedly, I said (in Chinese), "Oh great! When are you getting divorced?"  In MY defense, the words married and divorced are VERY similar...haha. They just looked at me shocked. I was confused. Then they corrected me and I felt so embarrassed! hahaha. Good, good times.

The mission officially split today. I am in the Sydney, North Mission. It's really exciting, I'm thrilled to be serving in the North! Lots of meetings and trainings in the next few weeks helping us to adjust to the split. 

Well, unfortunately my time is out for today, but I love you all. I hope you have a wonderful week!

Love,
Sister Raitt

No comments:

Post a Comment