Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Richmonddddddd

Ni Hao Jaren!

Such a great first week in Richmond! We have a baptism on Saturday!!  :D SO EXCITEDDD!! His name is ______,  he is ____ years old. When I first met him, he just had a couple things that were holding him up but through prayer and talking through things he overcame the hesitations that he had. Now he is so excited to be baptized, but he's really nervous! Haha, he said, "I can feel the butterflies in my tummy already!" He's so great, Sister Nauta and I will be singing at his baptism, haha!  But more importantly, he will be making the greatest covenant with the Lord, promising to follow the Savior, Jesus Christ, and to keep the commandments. So awesome.


I LOVE my new companion, she is so great. She says I'm crazy...those Tahitians...what do they know. She is ALWAYS happy, so it makes the work ten times more fun. haha she says the funniest things in her broken English...like whenever a fly lands on me she says..."ohp..you must stink" haha...? and the funniest part is how hard she laughs... But she's great, always bears strong testimony, and her broken English is so cute it's hard not to love her. I'm learning how to talk slowwwllyyyyy...and use hand motions, haha.




Sunday was my first time meeting my new ward! It's amazing having an actual chapel to meet in, and not only that, we have AC! Incredible! Everyone is overly welcoming and so nice. The chapel was packed!  ______, one of our recent converts, gave his first talk. He got choked up when he started to talk about his baptism. So of course, Sister Nauta and I are crying. We love him, he always wears a really fancy vest to church.

We have a zone training coming up on Thursday with president. I've been assigned to give a training :/ It should be alright, I'm not nervous...it's just President Howes..........

I hope everyone has had a chance to read from the Book of Mormon, if you are following along with me, then this week will be from 1 Nephi 21-2 Nephi 8. It's been really good, I'd love to hear your thoughts and comments!
I've had to do an unusual amount of deep studying this week. We have an investigator who is a bible scriptorian and was asking me for all these references. I've been able to find them with lots of studying and asking around. But the bottom line comes down to whether or not the Book of Mormon is true. If the Book of Mormon is true, then Joseph Smith was a true Prophet of God, who restored the Priesthood and Church of Jesus Christ on the earth. We can know of these truths by reading the Book of Mormon and praying to our Heavenly Father for an answer.

We have a district Pday today and we are going bowling and laser tagging!  Haha...so excited. Our district is awesome! We all taught over 20 lessons this week...so that's about...150 lessons within our small zone. We exceeded our goals for the week!


Have a wonderful week! Talk to you soon!
Sister Raitt

No comments:

Post a Comment