Monday, February 3, 2014

All good things must come to an end...or do they?

Good Morning Everyone...

The miracles just keep pouring in. I feel so blessed to be a missionary and have the opportunity to have so many amazing experiences. I don't think I'll ever truly be able to express in words what I've experienced over the past 18 months, but it's been wonderful. 

This past week we saw lots of good things happen, just to mention a few I'll start with ________ from Mongolia. She is a young mother and wife but her husband and daughter are still in Mongolia waiting for their visa. She was really worried that their visas weren't going to come on time for her daughter to start school at the end of January, she asked if that was something she could pray for. We told her absolutely and that we also would pray for her family to get their visas. She comes from a pretty strong Buddhist background and expressed to us that she wasn't sure she'd ever believe in Jesus Christ but that she would listen to what we had to say. When we met with her Wednesday morning before we even began to teach what we had planned to, she told us that she had been praying. She just received word that her family's visa paperwork was finished and they are just waiting for the clearance from their health forms. 

She said when she came to church on Sunday she felt so much peace even though she couldn't understand everything that was being said, she said she felt that good feeling all week. THEN she says, "I know this church is true, I believe in Jesus Christ now"...amazing. She's agreed to be baptized but would like to wait until her family is here and settled. She also needs some time to talk to her husband and make sure he understands why she's decided to change religion. She's amazing, just the sweetest lady ever. 

Another miracle...we were riding the train home from attending a baptism of ________ (that's a whole other great story I'll tell another time). Anyways, we're on the train and one of our members sat behind us and we whispered to him, "Talk to that guy sitting next to you, c'mon, be a missionary."  And he's like, "ugh, ok fine." So he did. He started talking to him and then we turned around and joined in the conversation. His name is ________, he's from Korea! He's just been here one month, and we invited him to come to church the next day. He said that he would be there! He was so nice, we exchanged numbers and then got off the train. The next day, Sunday, we waited and waited and he never came, but I still had a good feeling and didn't worry too much about it. During church, we got a text from him saying he's sorry he couldn't come, that he overslept and just woke up! We said, no worries, and invited him to the chapel that afternoon for a "break the fast" dinner with the ward. 

The Chinese members were going to be teaching us how to make dumplings so he quickly responded saying he would come! And he did! He came and we ate, and then taught him the first lesson. He told me that he actually met missionaries in Korea and promised them he would come learn and go to church but then he moved to Australia and didn't get the chance. He was excited when he saw all of us missionaries on the train and wondered if it was the same group. It was. :) He stayed for the fireside Sunday night as well, and we asked him afterwards when the next time we could meet and he said, "hmm...everyday?" haha, GOLDEN! So we are meeting him again tonight, he is so nice, everyone loves him!
 
Also, an investigator I used to teach about 6 months ago came to church to see me because he heard I was finishing soon. He also called me the following night and invited me to come to his wedding on Thursday! I am so excited! I love weddings, and it will be a great opportunity to invite his new wife to come to church with him :) Always have a plan! haha. 

Our Chinese group at church all took me out to a famous Taiwanese restaurant last Monday, it was a lot of fun. There was a group of about 20! I felt so loved! haha. I am so grateful to serve in this ward, everyone is so amazing. It's heartbreaking to leave, but Sister Liu and I are going to enjoy this last week and work hard. We have many lessons scheduled and hopefully a final baptism on Saturday :) Great way to finish. 

I love you all, thank you for all those who have supported me and encouraged me. The church is true, I know it without any doubt, I hope as you read these experiences you will feel the spirit and know that these things are from God because he loves each of us so much. Have a great week, talk to you soon. 

Love, 

Sister Raitt








No comments:

Post a Comment