Monday, December 23, 2013

Merry Christmas!


MeRRy CHRiStMAS!!!
 
Wishing you all a very merry Christmas here from Australia! :) We're running a little short on time but I'll try my best to give you the best update of our week!

We had a baptism on Saturday! Yayyyy! ________ was baptized along with 3 others, it was beautiful. He was so excited, his English isn't too good but he had someone come up with him to the pulpit to help him translate. Cutest thing ever, I was smiling the entire night. Greatest Christmas gift a missionary could have! We're going out to dinner tonight to celebrate with him and a few members. 

A pretty amazing experience happened Saturday night at the baptism. There was a girl who gave a talk on baptism and she mentioned twice how the "five" of them were getting baptized but it was a little awkward because there were only four getting baptized - she had the number wrong.  haha  But the baptism carried on and no one said anything. However, towards the end the first counselor stood up to give his "welcome to the ward" speech and he mentioned how she had said "five" instead of "four."  He said, "I just can't get it out of my head. I've been thinking about it throughout this whole meeting and I just have this burning feeling that I need to say something,  I know there is someone here in the congregation who was meant to be the fifth one, I feel it so strongly. Please commit and make the decision so in a few weeks we can gather here for you." and then he sat down.  Ironic that we had an investigator there with us, ________.  He's golden and has been taught everything and believes it all but just hasn't made the commitment to be baptized,  feels he's not quite ready but we all know that he is more than ready. After the baptism some people were making comments to him and he's like, "I know, I know....soon" :) We all know he will be baptized but for me it was just another testimony of the Holy Ghost, so cool that our first counselor felt prompted to say something and in fact, there was someone in the congregation who should have been the fifth...amazing. 

This week is the last week of transfers, always emotional saying goodbye to missionaries and new changes but we're enjoying it! It's going to be a great Christmas week, we're giving tours again at the temple lights on Christmas Eve, we're really excited :)

Sorry it's so short this week, I love you all very much, have a great Christmas! I also invite you all the read the Christmas story in Luke ch. 2. Sister Campbell and I will be reading it on Christmas Eve, you can join us from the other side of the world! Love you, 

Sister Raitt


Rapportive

No comments:

Post a Comment