Sunday, February 24, 2013

The field is white...

Weeeiiiiiiiiiiii Ni Hao Ma!?

What a WEEK! Last Pday a member took my companion and I to a wildlife animal park! We got to see all the famous Australian animals and feed them, pet them, etc. We saw the top 5 most deadliest snakes in the world, wild dingos etc. It was really interesting, thanks Sister Wilson! We've been doing a lot of preparing this week for mission tour on Thursday, Elder Hamula is coming to see us! Really exciting!  We've all been instructed to prepare to give a talk, they will choose 2 from each zone to speak.  I'll enclose my talk at the bottom so you can have a read, it's very short and simple. We are excited though, it's always fun when the mission gets together. 

On Thursday, we did our monthly service up in the Blue Mountains, I still can barely walk I'm so sore.  We weeded the entire grounds all day, so exhausting but rewarding :) I had the opportunity to teach the gospel to one of the groundskeepers. I talked to him a little last time too, so you never know! Speaking of teaching the gospel and inviting others to come unto Christ, WE SET A BAPTISMAL DATE FOR NEXT SATURDAY!! Complete miracle, she is lovely!  It was just our second time meeting with her and she is SO prepared.  On our first visit, we left her with the Book of Mormon to read, just inviting her to read the introduction.  But when we came back, she said, "Well, I just kept reading I was so interested..." GOLDEN! She believes the Book of Mormon is true.  She has a daughter who passed away and when we taught the Plan of Salvation, she was so happy, she feels that it is right and what she needs. So we were bold and invited her to be baptized, she said, "Yes, I will, but can I have a couple weeks so I can learn and read more?" Bless her, of course you can! We set her baptism for March 9th :) Sister Nauta and I screamed and hugged when we got to the car! So so excited! 

We are also teaching a young mom in another area, she wanted sisters to teach her, not elders :P  We have taught her twice now, and she also is golden. Her partner is an in-active member but said he would come back to church if she started to learn.  Well, now she wants to learn, so we talked about baptism and now she and her partner are just deciding on a good time to be married so they can look forward to her baptism.  It would be even better if we can get him to become active again so he could possibly baptize her :) Exciting work is going on! 


The weather has been crazy! It rained a good 5 inches last night, and when they released some water from the mountains this morning, it caused all the bridges around us to flood so they are closed down.  Technically, we are "trapped" in Richmond until the water goes down, but it's supposed to rain all week! Everyone is slightly concerned but hopefully they can release some water into the other towns or something :/ not sure how it all works, but the bridges are closed. 


Sunday was great, Sister Nauta gave a great talk on weaknesses, our little friend Emily gave her mission farewell, she is going to London, we'll miss having her teach with us. :( She'll be great though. We had a Sunday lunch over at the Conlons home, Brother Conlon is so funny, he's a little OCD, he texted us saying we could come over for lunch between 2 and 2:10.......he wasn't kidding. hahaha, he's a crack up. We played their families version of Scategories, it's a church version.  It reminded me of family game night back home, arguing over what word counts etc. Brother Conlon was fighting for every little point, we're like "no you can have 5 points for that..." he's like "alright....I'll take 6." haha one tiny point, we were laughing so hard. Good times. 


I hope you all are having a lovely February, it's almost March! Big things happening in March :) Book of Mormon reading will be from Mosiah 23-Alma 2!! Hopefully you're keeping up. Have a great week! LOVE YOU!!

Sister Raitt



"I am a child of God, and He has sent me here." This first line of the well known primary song is one of, if not the most important truths we have to share. We have a Father in heaven who loves us and knows each of us perfectly. This knowledge alone has changed my whole perspective of life, it has helped me to understand my purpose and I know it will do the same for others.
The song continues, "Lead me, guide me, walk beside me, help me find the way. Teach me all that I must do to live with Him someday." Christ taught that we must believe in Him, repent and be baptized, and then shall we inherit the kingdom of God. As missionaries, we are to lead others, to guide them down the right path and walk with them every step of the way. Teach them the gospel of Jesus Christ so that they too can inherit the kingdom of God. We are all His children, these are our brothers and sisters whom Heavenly Father loves and wants to return to Him. He has trusted us with this sacred calling and responsibility, I pray that when the day comes where I will stand before God, I will be able to say I did my best, and He will be proud of the work I have done.

No comments:

Post a Comment